Monday, April 28, 2008

Type 6RS Lamp



hi ernie,
its a Type 6RS which was mainly used in the north east, durham newcastle areas.
the last ones came out of service about 6 years ago shortly before Ellington Colliery closed.
the type 6 service kit will do and if you email when you order we will see if we can find a 6RS badge.
regards david



Dear Sirs
I have a miners lamp that I am trying to restore to its original working condition.
I am unsure of the manufacturer as there is no identification on the lamp. I do know that it was in use in a British Coal mine until the late 60s it is underground relightable and from your website it looks like a Garforth GR6s. I also note from your website there is maintenance package available for this lamp.
I have attached two photographs of the lamp and hope that you may be able to help.
Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
Thank you
Ernie Skelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment