Tuesday, November 11, 2008

LIGHTING AN SL ??????????? HELP

HAS ANYONE OUT THERE DEVELOPED A RIG FOR LIGHTING SL'S?
HERE IS ANDERS PROBLEM;
I'm still strugling with the lighting the lamp with 4 volt (as mentioned in the blog of september 20, 2007). All the batteries I have tried, have not had power enough to heat up the wire, and the 1 Amp power supply just short curcuited. Have you got any idears about lighting the lamp? I'm getting quite desperate :)
On the base there is stamped 53/5291 and E. I recon that the 53 is the production year, does the 5291 or the E say any thing about the lamp type?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did it!! At last. Using two 2 volt 25 Ah lead battery's :)
Now I just need to find a filament that can do more than 3 ignitions....

Documented here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VnR03k1mEI&feature=youtube_gdata

protectorlamp.com said...

Thanks for doing this,I am sure you will make a lot of SL lamp owners very happy!
David from Protector.

Post a Comment