Monday, December 04, 2006

ECCLES LAMPS IN SOUTH WALES

hi graham,
we do not have lists. what i can tell you is that from nationalisation in 1947 the ministry of power adopted our type 6 lamp as the standard for gas testing.
to avoid a monopoly situation they brought thomas & williams and wolf into the supply chain who between them had about 10% of the market.
in the main i would have expected most of the pits you mention to be supplied by thomas & williams.
however the eccles lamp was quite well known in south wales.
hope this helps.

Hi. I wonder if you could send me a list of all the pits in South East Wales, if any, that were supplied with your lamps. I'm doing some local research of several local coal mines, and I would welcome any information you could let me have. especially Oakdale, Markham, Wyllie, North Celenyn, South Celenyn, Llanbradach. Looking forward to your reply. Many thanks for your valued time..........Regards, Graham.

No comments:

Post a Comment