Wednesday, November 22, 2006

UNSCREWING THE LAMP BASE OR VESSEL

if the locking /fuel filler flap is out of the way there is nothing to stop the vessel unscrewing. try leaving it on top of a radiator for a few hours having dosed it with some wd40 then unscrew. it is a normal thread ie unscrews anti clockwise.
regards david

Hi,

Further to my last e-mail, I have a question, how does the base remove. The locking mechanism opens but it doesnt seem to want to unscrew, does it need a tap with a bit of wood and hammer or have I missed something.

I did look at the faq blog but that only seemed to deal with the locking mech and had me totally confused as to why a magnet is needed and what for :)

David

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi David Mather asked the same Question I would like to ask. I have an Eccles Protector GR6S lamp and cannot seem to unscrew the base. I have seen reference to a magent being required. Could someone help? thanks

Blog: miners lamp FAQ'S
Post: UNSCREWING THE LAMP BASE OR VESSEL
Link: http://www.protectorlamp.com/2006/11/unscrewing-lamp-base-or-vessel.html

Post a Comment